Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Um

Okay, so I have been out of school since the 14th? er something. Anyway, we are moving, of course. And I have to do taxes. And my cat is super ticked at me right now cuz she gets NO love and everytime she finds a nice sunny window to sit in, here come the STUPID DOGS!!! But she's a bit of a stupid cat, too. She has gotten stuck in the duct work at the new house 3 times in the last week and a half!!!!! (We had to take off the return air vents to paint).

Caleb helped us paint my scrapbook room tonight. Lee was cutting in below, Caleb had to paint the "line" in the middle of the room, and I cut in to the ceiling. Lee said he could FEEL Caleb dripping paint on his hat. Aaah, Family Time.

Collin is at Mom's learning to give wedgies, getting better at fishing, and playing with my cousin's puppies. He has been up there nearly a week, and I MISS HIM. I am getting a lot done, though.

My sister in law is moving into my brother's house cause he lost his job and moved up to my hometown.

Lee's parents are going to California for the summer to get their house and Grandpa's Hayward house on the market.

Stephanie is getting married in October.

I am starting to get a chance to catch up with friends. We have been invited to a lot of dinners, but I haven't invited anyone over yet. I feel a little guilty about that, but I'll make up for it when we get all moved in.

My friend Akara is in New York for a 13 week stint as a traveling nurse and she tells me I MUST come see her there. Whadya think? Could this MO girl handle NYC??

We are gonna get a male cat from my friend Callie. I have Maddy Kitty Catty, and we'll get a little boy kitty. Name him Manfred, call him Manny Kitty Catty.

We have 4 bathrooms in this house. Guess how many work. . . . . . . No, really please guess.

After 15 years, Lee's Grandma's Closet was emptied. Guess what we found? Nursing shoes. Never worn. Lee said she wore those to work all the time. Found her smock from work. Kinda cute. People called her "Phil" (Phyllis), his grandpa was "Bill" so, Bill and Phil. And, my Mom's parents are "Jim and Gerry". Kinda confusing for a little kid.

One of Caleb's favorite buds-Gage, whom I LOVED moved to the coast with his momma who just finished school to be a pathology assistant er something.

Um. . . . let's see. . . that's all for now. . .

Oh, wait, um, Lee and I have NO TV. We are trying this thing were we watch no tv. . . . . . . . . It is harder for Lee than for me, but even for me it is hard. I used to watch it while I ate lunch. He is sitting here by me reading a book. It's kinda cute. The kids don't seem to miss it at all. Interesting. I figured it would give us more time to pay attention to the kiddos.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like you are enjoying life. Did you switch wards with your new house?

Cary & Katrina Sanders said...

I'm assuming that you are still in columbia?
We do TV strikes sometimes ... it teaches the kids to have an imagination and play together! We did one for a month in May ... it was hard!