We decided to have Caleb's birthday party after school was back in session so he didn't get ROBBED for his birthday :) We had it on MLK day since I figured it would be a little easier to get more kids there, and it didn't take up everybody's weekend plans. Yes, I know it looks SO plain, but, it had be, 'cuz we were painting!! They had just taken off their "paint shirts" and put clean white paper down on the table before we took the photo above. I know, I know, little girls have ribbons and bows and pink stuff, but we had MOTORCYCLES AND HUMMERS AND ATVS and other cool stuff.
It worked out pretty well, we had a fun little group, and you guessed it, we went to "The Mud Room" where the kids painted some sort of motor vehicle they chose. They were all SO QUIET and concentrated so hard! (except for Collin).
Caleb got to put his handprint on a plate and his friends put their thumbprints all around the edge, and the store owner was going to turn the little thumbprints into cardinals. The parents really liked it 'cuz it was low key and quieter than most birthday parties. I decided not to give away little party favors since they get to take home their awesome artwork. I knew Caleb would dig this kind of party 'cuz he is so creative, but was pleasantly suprised at how much his little friends liked it, too.
He invited a 4th grader. . . . . . . yeah . . . .that's what I was thinkin', too. Huh? a 4th grader, how do you even know a 4th grader?? But, his friend Chad from his class has an older brother named Nick who is in 4th grade and they are all in scouts together through the school and as it turns out, Nick is quite a good friend to my Caleb. He has a very funny and interesting mix of friends. His friend Isaiah is a few months younger and no kidding, he is a foot taller!!! Kinda funny when they are standing next to each other.
Collin did pretty well, considering he couldn't open his brother's presents. He just enjoyed being around Caleb. They are pretty good little friends sometimes. It is pretty sweet to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment