Friday, January 11, 2008

I got IN!!!! I got my letter of acceptance today!!!

I have been welcomed into the profession of nursing. Classes start at 9 am may 16 2008. I will be a nurse (except for my boards) a year from this august. I am very excited.

Nutrition has already started, it is online through the University of North Dakota. I imagine it will be pretty simple since I have had all the other classes first. I expect pharmacology will demand a large amount of my time. BUT, it says that the first day of class I will need my stethoscope, a penlight and a blood pressure cuff (amongst other things). I get to have my head in the clouds for a little while now.

I voluntarily had a 5 hour Oral Glucose Tolerance Test and an Insulin Test yesterday. I believe I am at the beginning of having problems with insulin resisitance due to some vague and other not so vague symptoms. Confirmation of this will just call for a change in diet, but I am hoping to finally get someone to take a look at the other hormones that this involves. Ultimately, I did this so I could be done with my night sweats. There also appears to be a link to cortisol production which helps you to gain weight.

I realize it won't be easy, and know that I must also work on this myself, so I am back to the "weight watchers" way of living. I still have my calorie (point) counting calculator and it seems pretty easy. I don't feel like I am starving. Hopefully this will help. I used to be able to lose a lb a day, but at this point I would be satisfied with a pound a week. I just don't want to get hypoglycemia, or type 2 diabetes by not paying attention. Usually people have problems with insulin resistance for a very long time before they get a diagnosis.

We are doing Caleb's birthday party very late this year. Martin Luther King day. We are going to "The Mud Room" to paint pottery with little boys. I know it's not something you'd figure most little 7 year old boys would like to do, but as you know, Caleb is an artist. He is quite excited about his party.

My little Maddy Kitty Catty is getting fat. But she is beautiful!!! Let's face it, I like my animals to be a little chunky anyway. They are softer that way. All for now!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Congratulations! That's such a far cry from the intellectual English girl I am used to, but you seem to really enjoy it. Blood and guts? No thanks for me!! We need to catch up! Maybe I'll get my butt around to sending you an email soon.