We took roses to school today. We passed out a rose to two of the teachers and two of the directors. There were so many tears today! He starts the Apple School full time next week because I start nursing school full time next week.
The kids usually got to go out to the playground twice a day and they loved it.
Caleb and two of the Jacks and Lilly playing on the jungle gym outside.
We also had to say goodbye to Jan today. Collin went over to her house after he got out of Mother's Day Out at 1:30. He has been going to her for years. She got him a cute lightening mcqueen bag for him, too that has a moving speedometer and the car runs the track on it. She also had this cookie made for him. She said she cried all weekend just thinking about him leaving. (Oh, she also bought him cars shoes and some cars bubble bath). Anyway, his little friend Meena (Willamena) came today (and she doesn't usually come on fridays) so that she could say goodbye to Collin.
Tire swing at Mother's Day Out
Goodbye to Rachel at Mother's Day out. He was in her classroom last year. She was the first teacher HE JUST LOVED. Last year he only went to MDO on tuesday and thursdays, but monday, wednesday, and friday he would still ask me if I was taking him to "Rachel's House." Yes, the first Christian Church on Tenth and Walnut will always be Rachel's house. Julie was his teacher this year and he would say, "Am I going to Rachel's house and see Miss Julie?"
On the elevator on the way to pass out flowers (and start crying) It was a bittersweet day. My last day of freedom before school 40 hours a week, Collin's last day with 3 of his favorite people who love him so much, and lots of goodbyes. It was awful. Do you know how hard it is to try to keep from crying when the teachers are crying cuz he's leaving. Ugh. Thank goodness for the people who love our children. I have been blessed. Who'd have known when I arranged for a sitter or preschool for my son that I would love the teachers in the end, and that they would love our family. Ugh. I hate this time of year. (Didn't I already say that???)
No comments:
Post a Comment