Thursday, May 08, 2008

The studying that never started.

yes, I am supposed to be studying right now. BUT I am so burnt out that I wanted to take a break. Got my last final on tuesday. Got my last TB test read today. Finishing all my vaccinations for compliance for students in the medical professions.

Collin started at Apple School two days a week and is loving it. We are finally making some progress on potty training, too, but I had to resort to gummy bear bribery this week.

Caleb is going thru a tremendous growth spurt and apparently can't seem to get enough food into his face at any given time.

Lee is working a lot, and is loving it, because we have lots of catching up to do after such a long slow time.

Coaching Caleb's ball team has been fun for the most part. Some of the parents from the other teams suck the fun out of the game by being so competitive and nitpicky. This league doesn't get competitive till they are 9. Chill!

I found a new home for my Emmie. It was very difficult to give her to someone else. It was difficult not to vomit. BUT she wasn't getting enough attention here, and she barked constantly cuz she couldn't handle being alone. Now that I am only paying to support one dog (Josie) I can get her cleaned and get her claws clipped and have her in the house more often. This way each dog gets more attention.

The family that took her seemed very nice. And I have had people interested in taking her before, but I didn't feel comfortable with them, so I didn't let her go. Anyway, they had a female chocolate lab years ago named Betsy. She got cancer and died. They have recovered from that and were ready for another dog. They had gone all the way to the animal shelter in versailles, mo looking for another chocolate lab. All the ones they came across weren't as healthy as my Emmie. She fetches well, follows the ball (would make a great outfielder). He (the husband) even remarked at how gorgeous she is. AND yes, she is. Beautiful coloring, sweetheart. codependent dog, though. So, I have talked with them a couple times since she left and she is doing "Fabulous".

Other than that, it's fun to have Josie in the house but she is afraid of my cat, Maddy! WILL NOT come to me when I call her if Maddy is between us. I think she'll get over it.

Okay, well, back to the studying I wasn't doing anyway. . . . . . .

No comments: